5 Steps to Spot Fake Designer Sunglasses
Designer sunglasses from popular brands like Ray Ban, Gucci, Chanel and Prada are accessories which all of us desire to flaunt. Extremely stylish, fashionable and glamorous, branded sunglasses are associated with celebrities and trendsetters. Since they are manufactured using the latest optical technologies, they provide maximum protection of eyes from bright glares and harmful UV rays and also make a hot style statement. But, with a high end name also comes attached a high price tag. On an average, a single branded sunglasses pair costs at least $200-$400. One can always find a pair which is a tad cheaper but nevertheless, 100 bucks would be the minimum amount that you'll have to dole out.
Given the huge variety of stunning styles offered by each brand, it's not a surprise that every other person wants to own multiple pairs of sunglasses. Unfortunately, being too pricey, these shades can be afforded only by the rich. Therefore, to satisfy each and every person's taste, many knock off sunglasses and replicas are available in the designer eyewear market. If you're a looking for authentic designer sunglasses you have to be extra careful so that you don't end up paying for a fake product. Not only are replicas more prone to damage from accidentals bumps and shocks, but can also cause grievous harm to your eyes (since the sun protection factor is nearly zero).
So, how to identify a fake pair from an original one? Here are 5 simple steps which will ensure you always buy authentic sunglasses:
* Examine the brand logo and model number: Most top sunglasses models have the brand logo embossed on the sides. Check carefully for any variations in the logo (misspellings, different font or letter sizes). Also, every model has a unique model number which you should note down to compare with the pair of your choice.
* Study the craftsmanship: Original branded sunglasses are crafted using top grade materials like memory metals, high quality plastics and polycarbonates. Therefore they are strong, sturdy and extra comfortable whereas knockoffs would one way or the other feel kind of cheap, flimsy and unconvincing.
* Compare photos: Comparing the photos of the sunglasses pair you are going to buy to the original model snaps on the brand website is a good way to determine the authenticity of the product. Avoid buying sunglasses in which the color is even a shade lighter, they're sure to be replicas.
* Know your seller: Designer sunglasses are available only in high end boutique stores or official brand shops. Purchasing them online might surely save you some money but beware of those sites which offer too heavy discounts e.g. nearly 60% off on every sunglasses purchased. This is a sure giveaway for selling replicas as no retailer will make any profit if they sell expensive glasses at such throwaway prices.
* Check for original casing and certificates: Before making a buy, always enquire about the packaging details of the product. Branded designer sunglasses come with original casing and certificate of authenticity.
Buying a genuine pair sunglasses not only satisfies your fashion needs but also provides a long term protection cover for your eyes. Nowadays, many popular styles, especially from Ray Ban, Gucci, Dior and Prada are available as replica models. But, if you follow the above mentioned 5 steps, you can easily differentiate a fake pair from an original and ensure maximum returns on your investment.